Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It could be you!

Who?
Do you ride the D.C. Metro? Do you have a camera phone? Can you send multimedia messages (text and pictures) from your phone? If you answered yes to all three of these questions you could be a metro.texture™-er!

What?
What the heck is a metro.texture
™? It's an image that captures an essential or characteristic quality of the Washington D.C. Metro System (trains only at this time, no buses). Images must be captured on a camera phone and then sent to the blog from that camera phone. No external manipulation allowed.

Where?
I'm in search of people that can submit metro.textures™ from any of the following routes:

When?
I'll be collecting submissions on a rolling deadline, with each month having a different theme. You can find each month's theme listed in the top, righthand column of the blog's homepage. November 2007's theme is easy: Accidental Texture. (Read about my first accidental texture.)

How?

Send your metro.texture
™ to the In Search of metro.texture™-ers blog at metro.texture.insearchof[a]blogger[dot]com with the following information included:

  • An image title (use the subject line in your messaging program for this)
  • Your name (or e-handle, if your prefer) and email (This is for my use only. I'll remove it before the texture goes live. It's just so I can get in touch with you if necessary.)
  • Type of camera phone you used
  • Line, location (station, etc.) and direction you were riding when you took the picture
  • You can also include a short description of the picture, but it's not required.
So a submission might look something like this:

end of the line

Jennifer (See. No email here.)
AT&T Tilt
Red Line, Glenmont Station, toward Shady Grove
This is my morning train arriving at the station. I really like how the light from the inside of the train gives the platform a glowing quality.

I'll vet your submissions and make them go live provided they have the required info and are not offensive in any way.

Happy metro.texture™ hunting!

No comments: